Tuesday, March 24, 2009
So, we're praying that it doesn't get severe. And that it doesn't get too cold. The kids keep asking, "are we going camping today?" We're asking the Lord to give us some better weather than is predicted, but plan to have fun no matter what!
Oh, and we went to Wal-Mart tonight to get all our groceries for the week and while we were there, Luke and Sara both had to go to the bathroom. I took Sara and discovered that the men's bathroom was being cleaned, so Lance couldn't take Luke. So I went back to the women's bathroom with him. I was waiting at the sink for him to take care of business. He obviously was done, but hadn't flushed the toilet or come out of the stall. I told him to hurry up and here's what I heard. "Waiting for the Grand Finale! Here it comes, here it comes!" I about died laughing! That boy!
Monday, March 23, 2009
Then we rode on a new train at the Promenade. The girls LOVED that! The train is new and the guys running it were very nice and it wasn't that expensive. The normal price will be $3 but because they just opened this week they are only charging $2 per person. That's not too much. As a mom of 4, $12 wouldn't be too much for all my kids to have fun for a splurge like that.
Then we had ice cream at the food court. The girls and Mom and I had so much fun. I told Mom today that this is why I want them to be here. So we can have so many more days like this!
Saturday, March 21, 2009
The kids are so excited. Mom has been telling them today all the different plans they have for fun things to do with them when they get here. It is going to be so nice to have them here for all the kids activities and the kids are going to LOVE being able to spend the night at Mom and Poppa's!
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Luke took a picture of the big event!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Lance and the kids were playing in the living room (probably wrestling) and she did something that got her in big trouble and Lance sent her to her room for time out. She started wailing and refused to go. So then he got really stern and she cried as she started walking out of the room. But as she walked past the coffee table, she stopped and turned around and yelled at him, "you're poopie!!" Oh man, was that a mistake. She got a spanking then. After Lance walked her to her room, he walked back into the living room and I told him, "You just got cussed out by a 2 year old!" Once again, hysterical, but just couldn't laugh at her!
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Hope doing her "extercises" :)
Sara drawing while Lance reads a hymnal!
Monday, March 16, 2009
I have hope! The love Sara at the office. They all are so impressed with how mature she is. I have been so proud of her the past couple of weeks. She has been such a trooper. She didn't even complain when I told her we couldn't use lip gloss for a couple of weeks. She is ready for some relief!
One more thing from Sara. She was talking to me this morning on the way to MDO. Just carrying on a conversation with me like a big girl. Asking me about when I was a little girl. She couldn't believe I didn't like girl toys and hated dresses! :) Then she said the cutest thing. Sara: It's a good thing that God didn't make just all boys. Me: Why? Sara: Because they would shoot all the animals." Man, I love that girl!
Saturday, March 14, 2009
They argued over who was the girl and who was the boy!
Notice the TV!
Friday, March 13, 2009
Sara had another appointment today with the dermatologist for the 1st reading on her skin test. She was such a trooper. Her back was covered in stickers and tape and she didn't say a word when they pulled it all off and then they wrote in sharpie marker on her back to mark all the spots. We go back Mon for the second reading. I am so proud of her. She is so mature. They don't even do testing on children her age and when the nurse was taking the tape and stickers off, she said Sara was doing better than some adults they have. I was a very proud Momma today. We went to a local boutiquey toy store that my good friend's daughter works at and she got to spend $10 as a reward for being so good.
The aftermath of Sara's testing
Tonight, after Emma's bath, I was drying her off on the couch and started playing peek-a-boo with her towel. I was putting it over her face and then jerking it off while saying "where's Emma? There she is!" Then she grabbed the towel and started putting it over her face and jerking it off when I said "where's Emma?" I was amazed!!!! She's only 6 months. She shouldn't be able to do that yet! I called Lance into the room so he could see it, too. I wanted a witness! It was soooo cute! I tried to get video of it, but she quit because she was fixated on the camera. :(
Thursday, March 12, 2009
This morning we took a trip to Daddy's office. Wanna guess? Luke and Sara have strep and Emma has an ear infection. Yippee! After tearing up a little in the pharmacy, I've been fine. It's a little overwhelming to think of 3 sick kids and 10 days of antibiotics again, but oh well. We'll get through it. And with regards to yesterday's post. I'm telling you, starting your day in prayer makes all the difference in the world!
On the funnier side...today the kids were watching Mary Poppins. (we watched a lot of movies today!) I was on the computer at the kitchen table. When I looked up, I saw Hope's little hiney shining as she was dancing around the living room floor. When I asked her what in the world she was doing, she said, "but Momma, he's doing it!" while pointing at the tv. I looked at the tv and then died laughing as I told her to pull up her pants. It was the part in the movie where Dick Van Dyke is dancing with the penguins and he special effects pulls his pants down to look like a penguin. It was hilarious!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Yesterday was a much busier day than I had planned, I was worn out, but I didn't yell at the kids like I normally do when I am tired. Today, I was gone all morning when I had wanted to spend the whole day at home. Sara had another doctor's appointment and when we went to Wal-Mart after, she wanted to lay down in the cart. Very unusual for her. We ate lunch with Lance and then went home for nap time. After that, she was laying on me and I felt something was wrong. Took her temp and: 100.1.
Luke woke us up at 5:45 this morning saying that his throat hurt. I gave him some Tylenol and he went on to school later. When he got home, he was still saying his throat was hurting and later he wanted some medicine and for me to take his temp. What do you know? 100.3 Woo Hoo!
But the great thing is. We've been sick for over 2 months and you would think that this would have put me over the edge, but actually, it's been a good day. I haven't gotten upset with the kids. The house is a MESS, but I don't care. It's all about perspective. It amazes me what God will do for us and our emotions, attitude, responses, views when we turn our days over to Him and ask Him for His direction and guidance.
Will I ever learn?
Monday, March 9, 2009
We are excited to have everything set up now and can't wait to have our first movie night! The kids are excited too! Now just to decide what movie to watch!
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Children of the World
Then Sat, we had Luke's Upward game and then the girl's and I left immediately for the church again for a Women's luncheon. Sara's choir sang for us. It was soooooo cute! We got home that afternoon and just stayed in the house. We were tired!
Sara singing at lunchThen back to church today. Then after church off to see my friend's daughter, Catie Beth, dance in a competition. All the kids loved that. Then lunch, home for a visit from Gigi, Paw Paw, and Clayton. After they left, we went outside for a while. That's when Spring Fever hit. We opened up the camper to look at what we needed to do before Spring Break and I just relaxed being in the camper! I LOVE our camper!!!!! The kids were wanting to watch a movie, eat snacks in the camper, play board games, and get in their beds. They love the camper, also. We're taking it camping on Spring Break and can't wait! We are sooooo looking forward getting outside and doing some hiking, campfires, and fishing! Woo Hoo!
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Luke (6 1/2)
1. What is something mom always says to you? get a green card
2. What makes mom happy? getting a green card
3. What makes mom sad? putting in a sad face
4 How does your mom make you laugh? she tickles me
5. What did your mom like to do when she was a child? loved to hang out with her brother
6. How old is your mom? 35
7. How tall is your mom? about, my calculations, 100
8. What is her favorite thing to watch on TV? Dr. Phil (seriously, haven't watched him since last year!)
9. What does your mom do when you're not around? picks up the house
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? becoming president and I get to be her servant
11. What is your mom really good at? singing "boomin' out the stereo system" (toby mac)
12. What is your mom not very good at? cheering up Emma
13. What does your mom do for her job? stays at the house
14. What is your mom's favorite food? smokin' joes
15. What makes you proud of your mom? she has the most beautiful voice
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? (after much thought) Mrs. Pepper from Blue's Clues
17. What do you and your mom do together? used to dance, play the Wii
18. How are you and your mom the same? we look like each other, we look like we're twins
19. How are you and your mom different? she's 35 and I'm 6 1/2
20. How do you know your mom loves you? she tells me
21. What does your mom like most about your dad? she likes him about singing
22. . Where is your mom's favorite place to go? Wal-Mart
1. What is something mom always says to you? no
2. What makes mom happy? obeying
3. What makes mom sad? disobedience
4 How does your mom make you laugh? saying funny words
5. What did your mom like to do when she was a child? i don't know, play?
6. How old is your mom? 50
7. How tall is your mom? this tall (stretching her hands high and low!)
8. What is her favorite thing to watch on TV? Dr. Phil (which I haven't watched all year)
9. What does your mom do when you're not around? buy stuff
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? what does famous mean?
11. What is your mom really good at? buckling Emma and Hopie
12. What is your mom not very good at? I've got one, remembering to buckle me up in the car
13. What does your mom do for her job? clean dishes
14. What is your mom's favorite food? spaghetti
15. What makes you proud of your mom? cleaning up while I'm at school (mother's day out)
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? phineas and ferb's sister (she's never watched the show)
17. What do you and your mom do together? go shopping
18. How are you and your mom the same? hair
19. How are you and your mom different? my eczema (bless her heart)
20. How do you know your mom loves you? cleaning up the living room
21. What does your mom like most about your dad? that he's nice
22. . Where is your mom's favorite place to go? Smokin' Joe's (bbq restaraunt)
Hope (2 1/2)
1. What is something mom always says to you? pick up us room
2. What makes mom happy? Emma
3. What makes mom sad? me
4 How does your mom make you laugh? like Daddy
5. What did your mom like to do when she was a child? her picked up her room up
6. How old is your mom? no know (don't know)
7. How tall is your mom? like Daddy
8. What is her favorite thing to watch on TV? Elmo
9. What does your mom do when you're not around? pick up my room
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? pick us room up (guess what she just did!) 11. What is your mom really good at? Daddy (NO comments!!!)
12. What is your mom not very good at? laughing at me
13. What does your mom do for her job? pick up my room up!
14. What is your mom's favorite food? rolls (we had wraps for lunch!)
15. What makes you proud of your mom? laugh
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? woman
17. What do you and your mom do together? laugh
18. How are you and your mom the same? Dora makeup
19. How are you and your mom different? her poopie (have no idea)
20. How do you know your mom loves you? a much
21. What does your mom like most about your dad? Daddy's a poopie man
22. . Where is your mom's favorite place to go? church
Monday, March 2, 2009
I had planned on staying home today after dropping the girls off at MDO and cleaning up. But I forgot about a huge consignment sale that I was planning on putting my maternity clothes and Luke's last year summer clothes in. I had to get all of my items prepared last night and then take them to the sale to drop off today. That ended up taking all my morning and then I had to take Emma to one of Lance's partners to have him take a look at her. Lance gave her a breathing treatment this morning at his office, but he wanted his partner to make sure he wasn't missing anything. She's ok, but my day was shot!
We did get out tonight and go get something to eat. The house is such a mess, I didn't want to stay in it. It drives me crazy to sit in a messy house. It is so bad right now, that I just wanted to get out of it! Needless to say, tomorrow I will be spending all day picking up the Faddis Dump!