Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Overwhelmed and Some Potty Words

It's been a while since I've had the energy to blog. Just sitting down and gathering my thoughts takes mental energy that I haven't wanted to exert. We've had a busy fall and I have lots of pics to post. I'll get to that hopefully tomorrow. I've been trying for a couple weeks to get on top of my house. It was starting to take over! Today, all of the kids rooms and closets are cleaned and organized! Woo Hoo! But. (and big but!) my room is a disaster. Hopefully Friday it will get done. On a positive note, my closet it clean, so that is one less thing to worry about. :)

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly this house can get out of control. I've been having a little bit of a pity party lately, because it gets so frustrating to constantly work in my house and it never look like I did a thing. Oh well. I'm trying to embrace it and not stress so much about it. It is what it is. This is my life right now. And I don't want to miss out on the impromptu duck, duck, goose games with my daughters and their stuffed animals because I was cleaning the kitchen.

Now, for a funny story from today! :) This afternoon when I picked up the kids from school, Luke told me he was reading the book, "Holes." I told him they made a movie off of it and he asked if he could watch it. I was thinking about the wrong movie when I told him that I didn't think he could because it had cuss words in it.

Now fast forward to this evening at the dinner table. Someone brings up the topic of bad words and I hear my precious, almost 6 year old daughter, whispering s*** to herself! Imagine my horror! I looked at her and asked, "what are you saying?!?!" She froze. I was totally and utterly confused! Luke then tells me that the girls asked him what cuss words were. He was scared that he was about to get in huge trouble, so he starts saying, "I didn't want to tell them! They wouldn't stop asking!"

He tells me that he told me them that cuss words were words like shut up, crap, and s***. Now, in his defense, the sweet boy has never said that word. He heard it as school last year and asked me about it. We had a talk about really bad words and he hasn't used them.

So, needless to say, the girls and I had a talk about not saying that word EVER! Once again, fast forward to tonight on the way home from AWANAS. The kids and I are having a good talk about holding each other, as a family, accountable to better behavior. We all were telling what we needed to be held accountable for. Luke said his (mouth, getting angry), Sara said hers (sassy mouth), and then Hope starts saying hers. Doing what she's told, not getting mad a Luke, and not saying bad words like s***. Hahahahaha! What do you say to that?!

She also told about some kids at school saying bad things like poopy hole (hysterical). So then Emma chimes in and yells "shut up!" I about choked! Hope started laughing at the fact that Emma said shut up and Emma then says, "Poopy diaper, Hope!" I couldn't do anything but laugh. It was the worst words she knew! (but she did get a stern talking to!)

No comments:

Post a Comment