Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Weekend Recap

Happy (day late) 4th of July! So, let's get the negative right out there so we can move on.  This weekend was my family reunion.  We took the camper.  The air went out.  Again.

Lance and I were sooooo mad.  It just got out of the shop from when it went out on Memorial Day weekend.  And it's a BRAND NEW CAMPER!!!  Argh!  It's back in the shop right now, and hopefully we'll be done with it.

Now, the good stuff!  :)

My family reunion has happened every 4th of July for the past 40+ years.  I can probably count on 1 hand how many times I've missed it in my life.  2 years ago we took our camper and stayed a couple of days.  The kids LOVED it!  Last year, Lance was on call, so the kids and I just drove over for the day.  But this year we were able to take the camper again.  It is such a great weekend of memory making.  The frustrating thing is, I didn't get a single picture!  We were so busy having fun and visiting, I never got my camera out!

Here's what I want to remember about this year...
  • Luke swimming 75% of the time we were there!
  • Emma playing on the swingset and sliding down the slide
  • Hope swinging on her own for hours
  • Sara going off the rope swing
  • Playing cards til 1 o'clock in the morning
  • Luke helping other kids get on the rope swing
  • Emma wanting to go off the rope swing sooooo badly!
  • Sara helping me set up the camper (putting away the food and make the beds)
  • visiting with my cousins in the river
  • Hope going off the rope swing after I bribed her with lipstick! :)
I love how my family has kept this tradition going for soooo many years!  And I love that my kids are making the SAME memories that I made growing up.  The river hasn't changed in all those years.  I can't wait to do it all again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment