Lance and I were sooooo mad. It just got out of the shop from when it went out on Memorial Day weekend. And it's a BRAND NEW CAMPER!!! Argh! It's back in the shop right now, and hopefully we'll be done with it.
Now, the good stuff! :)
My family reunion has happened every 4th of July for the past 40+ years. I can probably count on 1 hand how many times I've missed it in my life. 2 years ago we took our camper and stayed a couple of days. The kids LOVED it! Last year, Lance was on call, so the kids and I just drove over for the day. But this year we were able to take the camper again. It is such a great weekend of memory making. The frustrating thing is, I didn't get a single picture! We were so busy having fun and visiting, I never got my camera out!
Here's what I want to remember about this year...
- Luke swimming 75% of the time we were there!
- Emma playing on the swingset and sliding down the slide
- Hope swinging on her own for hours
- Sara going off the rope swing
- Playing cards til 1 o'clock in the morning
- Luke helping other kids get on the rope swing
- Emma wanting to go off the rope swing sooooo badly!
- Sara helping me set up the camper (putting away the food and make the beds)
- visiting with my cousins in the river
- Hope going off the rope swing after I bribed her with lipstick! :)