Monday, September 6, 2010

OBU Blog About

So my college is doing the coolest thing. A blog about for Ouachita Baptist University (pronounced Wash i taw) students and alumni who blog to link up and share there blogs. So I thought I'd participate! If you want to read other OBU blogs, go here: http://www.obu.edu/admissions/OBUblogabout.asp





OBU is a special place to me. I actually had planned on attending a different university until the spring of my senior year in High School. I don't know why I changed my mind except that the Lord was leading me. And I'm so glad He did!



I had 4 great years at OBU. I made some great friends and I'll never forget our university president telling us at freshmen orientation about the "Ouachita family." We all thought it was hokey, but he was so right! I can't go anywhere without running into someone that went to OBU. It it's a small enough university, that no matter what decade you were there, you have shared experiences. It's so fun!



One of my dearest friends from college days, Jennifer


Yes, that's me in all my glory my freshmen year. I got braces on 3 days before I left for college! How's that for impressing the boys?!?!

Two more of my best friends from college, Aimee and Melissa (Breastwell! ha!)

But I have to say the best thing about my college days is this...


Which led to this...

:) Lance and I met at Ouachita. He was a senior my freshman year. We knew each other and I had a huge crush on him, but he never asked me out. (can you blame him?!?! see above picture!)

We ran into each other after his 1st year of med school and that's when we started dating. We often wonder what life would have been like if we had dated in college! But God's timing is perfect, and our life might not be perfect, but we feel like it is!

The great thing is that neither one of us have to try to explain Ouachita to each other. We get it. We lived it. And we have that shared experience that is priceless. Ouachita will always hold a special place in our hearts!

3 comments:

  1. Neat story, and wow, what a beautiful family! Tell Lance I said hello -

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you married the Man From Snowy River and lived happily ever after.

    The End!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing to see how God has blessed you two! I love reading all these great blogs from folks I have not seen in years! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete