Thursday, December 2, 2010

Haiti Day 5

Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

Today we saw the least of these. We went to 2 different orphanages today, while some of the guys went back to the dorm to finish it up. The first orphanage we went to had about 20 severely and moderately mentally and physically disabled children. A 20 year old Haitian, laying on the concrete floor, in a diaper, catatonic, is definitely the least of these. I really got that verse for the first time. I was able to live it out. Blessed to be able to live it out today. God is good.

We got to love on so many kids today. Kids who don't have anyone to love on them. Kids with no one to say to them, "I love you." It was such a joy to be able to give them that, if only for a short while. And the smiles we received said that they wanted more.

And we also got to see more of our translators that we used last time and to also meet new ones. Brothers in Christ. These young men have such a heart for the Lord and for their country. Gillen, Sylvester, Sam, Ben, Jay, Jacques, Jean Phillipe, Dario. They are such a blessing to me. I have hope for this country because of these young men. They want the best for Haiti, and I challenged a few of them today, that the future of Haiti is up to them. They have to live for the Lord and be an example to their country of His love.

Tonight when we got back to the house, I told Lance that I was a little melancholy. He understood. I miss my kids so much. I want to hold them, and hug them tight, and cover them with kisses. But at the same time, I'm not done in Haiti. Once again, I will leave part of my heart here. I am already thinking of the next time that I will be here. It can't come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment