Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas! (a day late!)

Well, Christmas has come and (almost) gone. We are getting together with Lance's mom's family tomorrow and then it will officially be over. We had a great Christmas this year. It was a short Christmas season, and I felt rushed the whole time and was looking forward to Christmas with a little bit of trepidation. We had a lot of things scheduled. But I think the Lord knew I needed some down time with my family. We didn't make it to 2 extended family get togethers because of SNOW! and we had a relaxing Christmas. The kids loved it.

Luke was ecstatic to get a Nintendo DS gaming system and a camcorder. He has bugged us for months about wanting a DS. He has had his head buried in it since he opened it!

We got the girls a Cinderella castle when we were in Disney and Sara LOVES it! She has played with it for hours. And Santa brought her a magic glow board. I thought she would have loved it, but she was just ok with it.

Hope asked Santa for a Fur real cat. The thing is freaky! It is life size and moves and meows and purrs. It is SO lifelike! She is in love with it. The only problem is, Sara and Emma love it just as much! There have been many tears involved over who can play with it!

Emma has really enjoyed the season! She loved opening her presents. The funny thing is, she really wants Hope's cat!

We had a white Christmas this year! The first one I can remember in years! Mom and Dad came over for breakfast and then we went out in the snow! The kids had a blast! Even Emma! I didn't think she would like it, but she cried when we made her come in.

It's been a great past few days. We've made some great memories. I am so blessed to have the family God has given me.

The proudest time for me was Christmas morning. All the kids spend the night in our room. When we all wake up Christmas morning, Lance reads "THE Christmas Story" from the Bible and then we open the first present. Luke opens it first and in it is another wrapped present. Sara opens it and there's another present; then it's Hope's turn. Finally there is the last present and Emma opened it this year. Inside is baby Jesus. We take him to our manger. He hasn't been there all Christmas season. He is THE Christmas gift. The whole reason we have Christmas.

My kids were so excited to open baby Jesus. It was such a thrill for me to see them get so excited about it. What special gifts He has given me!

No comments:

Post a Comment