Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ice Day #2

We were iced in again today. And looks like we will be again tomorrow. The kids spent the day playing Wii and watching movies and playing with the girls' kitchen. I have eaten many bowls of "soup" and lots of "cookies" today. I love that my kids love each other and play so well together. My kids are amazing. Luke never cares if the girls are in his room and he loves to play with them in their room with their kitchen or play games with them or read books to them. Don't get me wrong, they do argue and have their moments. But, I am truly blessed with kids who enjoy each other. The girls love to go get Luke from school each day, and then the chaos begins. It is amazing the difference that 4 kids make versus 3. The noise and energy factors go up exponentially.

My brother and sister-in-law came over tonight. They live about 2 minutes from us and have been stuck in their house since the ice hit on Monday. They were getting a little bored, so Lance picked them up on his way home from the hospital this afternoon. We're having a sleepover! We watched a couple movies with the kids and watched Lost. We're all fanatics! We lost our cable and internet today, so I was a little nervous that we were going to miss it tonight. We were all excited that the cable came back on about 2 hours before it came on. Yea Cox cable man!

So we're preparing for another day in the house tomorrow. Woo Hoo! But it could be much worse. So many of our friends are without power. And Lance's family who live about 45 mins away are without power and have been since Mon. and don't anticipate it being turned on until Fri or Sat. We are blessed. But I tell you, we are so going out to dinner when it's safe to get out in a couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment