Monday, January 26, 2009

Sickness Again!

I was so looking forward to today. Sara and Hope are in a Mother's Day Out program on Mondays and Thursdays. It's from 9-1 so for 4 hours each day I can get errands run or go to lunch with a friend or do some shopping with out kids. (except Emma of course!) But when you have 4 kids, having just the 5 month old is like having no kids at all! Anyway, the girls have missed MDO the past two weeks because of illness, snow, and a visit from the grandparents, so I have been really looking forward to some alone time.

All three big kids were in bed with me this morning. (something I absolutely love) When I got up, Hope got up with me. She followed me out of the room and immediately began crying. And I don't mean whimpering, she was wailing. I'm not proud to admit it, but I at first got on to her and sent her to her room. I thought she was throwing a fit because I wouldn't hold her. (she has been known to do this) Anyway, it didn't take me long to realize that something was really wrong with her. I took her temp (99.2) and got Luke out the door (I'm blessed that our neighbor takes him to school in the morning) and got Sara dressed and to MDO and then we were headed to Lance's office. En route, Hope threw up in the car because she was crying so hard. After taking care of that and getting to his office we got the diagnosis I was fearing: strep throat. Ughhhh!

She was funny at the office. We had to hold her down to look in her throat and then again to swab her throat. She wasn't very happy about that. So when it came time to give her some Tylenol, she was not entirely cooperative. As her Daddy was dosing her with a syringe, she was spitting it out about as fast as he could push it in. When faced with the decision of a shot or the medicine, she calmed down and took the medicine. And then she cracked me, Lance, and his nurse practitioner up. As he was pulling his hand back from her face with the syringe, she grabbed it and said, "wait Daddy, there's more" and put it back in her mouth. I mean fit to funny in about 15 seconds! That's my girl.

We had a good day together. We had an ice storm hit this afternoon, so we went to Wal-Mart for milk and more Tylenol and Chick-fil-a for lunch. We got Sara from MDO and checked Luke out early from school and went home to take a nap. Now we are hunkered down in the house praying the power doesn't go out. But EXTREMELY excited that Daddy might not have to work tomorrow. I anticipate a day of Wii and fun in the Faddis house tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment