Sunday, September 6, 2009

Slow Day

Don't tell anyone, but we skipped church today! Shhhhhh! Yesterday was a BUSY day. It started off at 8:30 with a parade in Prairie Grove. Which, with the 45 min. drive, meant an EARLY morning! The 3 big kids were in it with their square dance teams. It rained almost the entire parade! That and it was about 70 degrees made for an interesting time. The kids loved it! My SIL rode with Luke and her son Clayton on their float and I rode with Sara, Hope and her other son Evan on their float. The kids loved waving at everyone and throwing candy. Great memories!

Then we had square dancing that afternoon. I was sooooo proud of my kids! They did awesome! I was a little worried about the girls getting shy and freezing up, but they did every move. And I was a little worried about Luke paying attention, but he took it very seriously and it was so cute! We do it all again tomorrow and I'm going to try and get some better pictures. I'll post them in that entry.

After square dancing, we grabbed something to eat and Lance's parents took the kids back to their house. Lance and I went back to the park to watch the competition teams dance. He grew up dancing and was on the champion team one year. I have never seen the competition and he hasn't seen it in years. It was a lot of fun. We're going to try and take the kids tomorrow night. They would love it.

I told Lance last night that I was making the executive decision not to go to church today. We needed a day at home this weekend just to relax and be together as a family. It was a nice day. We missed church, but sometimes we have to miss. So tomorrow, we'll do it all over again. The kids didn't get a chance to go through the craft fair yesterday, so we're going down early tomorrow so they can and buy a toy for picking up their rooms today. And then we'll dance again. I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Cool Blog! I did not know that you were a blogger. I need to catch up on ours. Just not enough hours in the day. Now I have lots of reading to do to catch up. Have a great week!

    Are you doing Bible Study this semester?

    ReplyDelete