Wednesday, June 15, 2011

2 Parties and 7 Staples

That describes my week last week!  We started the week on Sunday with Hope's birthday party.  It was soooo much fun! It was a beach themed party.  One of my dear friends let us have it at her house.  She has the best yard for a 5 year old's party!  All the kids got a shovel and bucket filled with a beach ball cup, water gun, and beach ball goody bag to fill with pinata candy that came out of a beach ball pinata! :)  Here are some pics to recap the day...
The table all beach ball colors! (and my brother being goofy!)

The Cake!

Love that smile!

Blowing out the candles

Time to eat!

Pinata!

Love Emma's determination!

Present time!
Next in my week was staples for Emma.  :(  On Tues, she was stepping into the shower and she slipped and landed on her head and had a huge gash.  I didn't realize it was even cut at first until Lance grabbed a rag in the kitchen.  Lots of blood and a trip to the office for Lance to put in 7 staples later, she's fine.  She was so brave.  We were in and out of the office in 30 minutes.  And the nest day, you wouldn't have even know that she had been hurt.

Then on this past Sunday, we had Luke's party. Whew!  (Now you see why I haven't blogged in over a week!)  Luke's party was a blast!  We took 5 of his friends to a Natural's baseball game.  It was awesome!  The best party for a 9 y/o boy! Kids eat free so all the boys had a hot dog, chips and a coke.  I made cupcakes for desert.  They played freeze tag on the berm. We tried to stay and run the bases after the game, but it went into extra innings and we had to go at 9:30.  I was kinda bummed, but the boys seemed ok about it. They all had sooo much fun! And we loved it so much, that Lance and I are taking the girls to a game this Sunday! 

LOVE this picture!

The cupcakes

The boys!

Freeze tag :)
It's been a busy but really fun week.  Luke and Sara are in Science Camp this week and loving it.  Emma and Hope and I have eaten at McDonald's, gone to the splash park, and had fun while they are gone.  It's going to be a fun, fun summer!  So glad it's here!

1 comment:

  1. We've had the bathtub fall head wounds. Those suckers bleed!! My oldest looked like he had Old Faithful coming out of his head!

    To me, there's nothing like a ballpark hot dog. Sounds like your summer is off to a fun start!

    ReplyDelete