Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lazy Days of Summer

I LOVE SUMMER! I know I've said it before, but I do! Last night Lance had a meeting so it was just me and the kids.  We went out to check the chickens and gather eggs and discovered we had another visitor! There was poop on top of the coop! Lance had just caught a raccoon the day before in a live trap. I called him and informed him we had another guest, so he went out to the farm and set the live trap again.  (Success again today!  Little boogers!)

After we gathered the eggs, the kids and I headed home.  I had put dinner in the oven before we left, but when we got home, we still had a little over an hour before it was ready.  The kids had played with our neighbors the night before in the water hose, so they were begging me to get our hose out and spray them.  I told them to get their suits on and surprised them by getting out the slip n slide!  They were sooooo excited!


Jack joined in the fun! I LOVE those kids!!!


Emma LOVED her first slip n slide experience!
 We stayed out for almost 2 hours.  I just turned off the oven when dinner was done and let it stay in there warming.  I think we ate around 8:45!  Once again, I love summer! 

Today, I called Lance this afternoon and asked him if he could watch all 4 kids so I could run some errands by myself.  He did and when they got out to the farm to check the chickens, he had trapped another coon! Guess we showed them! Ha!

He couldn't kill it with the kids there, so he took it far away to let it go.  He knew of a spring/creek that his cousin had told him about.  He decided to go there so the kids could play in the creek.  His cousin and his family joined them.  There is a swimming hole and a rope swing! I was almost upset I hadn't gone with them! (Then I remembered the wonderful massage I got during my pedicure and I was ok again!)  The kids had a blast! They went swimming in their clothes and were all talking over each other trying to tell me all about it when they got home.  I can't wait to go back with them!

Once again, we ate around 8:30 tonight.  But I don't have to even worry about it!  They can just sleep in in the morning.  I am looking so forward to many more days like yesterday and today the next 7 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. I can't decide if y'all are living more like the Waltons or the Ingalls . Maybe with a dash of Mayberry living thrown in.

    ReplyDelete