Friday, June 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Lance and Hope!

We couldn't have planned it if we tried, but both Lance and I have a child born on our birthday.   :) 

First of all.  Happy Birthday Lance!  You are the love of my life.  I could never have dreamed up all that you are.  God gave me the greatest gift of my life when you asked me out, then later to marry you.  Sometimes, it feels like we've just always been us, but then I think back to the science building at Ouachita and I feel like the teenager with the crush on the cute upperclassman.  :)  Now, almost 14 years later and 4 kids later, you still make my heart skip a beat.  I long to hear your voice, see your face, and feel your arms around me.  I love you!

Now, Happy Birthday to my precious Hope! FIVE years old!!!!  How is that possible?!?!  I love your spirit, your enthusiam, your spunk, and your loving nature.  You are a blessing to all you meet!  I love you sweet girl!

We started the day with balloons, streamers, and confetti at breakfast.  A pink sprinkle donut with a candle and Happy Birthday at the table. :)  Then Mom joined us and we went to Claire's and Hope got her ears pierced!  Plus she got to pick out anything she wanted (with in reason) at Claire's.  Following that, we went to lunch at one of her favorite places (Mad Pizza) and then we had a family birthday party at Lance's parents house.  It was a good day.  :)

Getting ready!

She laughed after the first one

Then got really nervous about the second one!

But in the end, she got them both done and was so happy!

Then lunch!

And one tired Birthday Girl. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment