Thursday, January 26, 2012

Arghhhhh!

That's the sound of frustration. There is one illness that I hate. STREP. It attacks our house several times a year. Especially poor Sara. She gets it at least a couple times a year. She's already had it twice since school started in August.

Emma has been coughing every night when she goes to bed for the past week or so. Other than that, we haven't thought much about it. Then 2 nights ago, she coughed so hard in her sleep that she gagged. We gave her some medicine and Lance looked in her throat. He thought she had strep, so he told me to come up to the office the next day to swab her.

I was waiting yesterday for the kids to get home from school and I was going to take her up to get swabbed. As soon as they walked in the door, Luke said, "Momma, I think I have strep. My throat hurts to swallow." It's said to me (and a blessing) that he's had it enough to know what it feels like immediately.

So off to the office we went. Lance didn't even swab them. He looked in their both their throats and knew they had it. Joy. He joked about just starting them all on antibiotics.

Maybe he shouldn't have joked. :( Tonight I noticed Sara coughing and sounding a little hoarse when she talked. And the great doctor (by proxy) that I am, I looked in her throat and saw a white spot. I made my diagnosis and called her daddy. He backed up my diagnosis and we started her on meds. That makes 3 times for her this year. Double joy.

So 3 of the 4 have it. Anybody taking bets on whether Hope has it?????

No comments:

Post a Comment