Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Can You Tell Me How To Get...

My poor sweet Emma. I feel like I've deprived her! When Luke was a toddler and preschooler, Sesame Street and Blue's Clues were his favorite shows. Elmo was one of his first words. (well, Mamo)

And Sara and Hope watched Sesame Street pretty regularly. They can sing the songs, know all the characters, and still will sit and watch it if it comes on on the rare occasion that they're watching PBS Kids.

But Emma has never really been interested in watching it when she's home alone without her siblings. She loves Disney Jr. and that's about all she will watch. And the big kids are past watching toddler/preschool shows. So when they are all home and can watch a show, they turn it on Disney or watch something on Netflix.

Today, Emma was watching something on PBS Kids and Sesame Street came on. She said she wanted to watch it, so I was excited! That's when it happened. I felt like a failure of a mother. My daughter pointed at the TV and said, "Look, there's Cookie Cutter!"

Oh my. We're going to have to watch a lot more Sesame Street.

2 comments:

  1. Cookie Cutter! That's so cute!

    I love your blog background and the pictures at the top. Your family is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete