Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Weekend Getaway

This past weekend was a first for me. My best friend lives in GA. We have been friends since 7th grade and our friendship has just grown closer over the years. We have vacationed together with our families and we talk on the phone 2-3 times a day. The crazy thing is that we haven't physically seen each other in 2 years! When I realized that it blew my mind. She's been going through some rough stuff personally lately and I decided it was time to see her and give her a big hug. So, I flew to GA on Friday and stayed til Monday. WITHOUT KIDS!!!!!! It was weird. Probably weirder was I wasn't with Lance either. I was totally on my own. Walking through an airport with no one but myself to take care of was so foreign!

We had a great time though. It was so good just to be together and be able to talk for hours instead of 30 min here and 15 min there. She has 4 kids like me. As a matter of fact, she's the one to blame for my 4th! After she got pregnant with her 4th, she started praying for me to get pregnant!! We just hung out, worked on decorating her kids playroom and talked. It was wonderful.
BFFs
I got home and man did I miss my kids!!! It was nice to have a break from being Momma and just get to be Jennifer, but I was ready to get home! As soon as I saw a familiar landmark when we were descending in the plane to the airport, I started smiling. I missed my family!!!! The kids were thrilled to see me. (I think Lance was too!) It was so fun. To be that important to 5 people is humbling and amazing!

Today we went swimming at a good friends house with several of my close friends. The kids love to swim and they are getting better and better as the summer progresses.
ring around the rosy
Smile for the camera!
Cutie patootie!
Sara and I went to the grocery store this afternoon to get things for dinner. On the way we passed a man that works at our church. His name is Mr. Billy. We stopped to say hi and when we started driving again, Sara said, I'm glad Mr. Billy isn't dead because Billy Mays (from Pitchmen tv show and Oxyclean fame) is. I just died laughing!

And one more big milestone tonight. Emma ate table food!!! Woo Hoo! She's been so delayed in her eating. All of the other kids were eating table food by now and by 11 months they all ate pizza! She has not been that way. So we are working on it and tonight we had burritos. I gave her some hamburger meat and some shredded cheese. She turned her nose up at first, but then got the hang of it and ate several bites on her own. Then she got tired and ate a couple jars of baby food. But hey, I'll take it!

What a big girl!

So good to be home!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment