Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Child's Perspective

So we were driving to church tonight and had to stop by some friends' house to drop something off for them. When we go there the kids stayed in the car while I ran up to the door and sat it on the doorstep. They have the cutest homemade scarecrow sitting in one of the chairs on their porch. It is really cute. It is life size! When I got back in the car, Luke said, "Momma, I thought that was a man on their porch waiting to get their kids!" I about died! I think he's thinking about an America's Funniest Videos episode a few years ago when there was a man dressed as a scarecrow and scaring trick or treaters. Ha!

Then Sara said, "Momma, I thought it was an old man. I thought, why is that hairy old man sitting on their porch." She cracks me up! She is so serious! When we were at Disney and watching the fireworks at Cinderella's castle, they start the fireworks with a person dressed like Tinkerbell, all lit up "flying" down a zipline. It's really cool. It's dark, so it's hard to see the zipline and it looks really neat. My daughter, ever so practical, said: "Momma, that was just someone with a hook on her back and going down that string." She definitely doesn't live in the fantasy world!

She absolutely cracks me up with her seriousness. Tonight in the car on the way to church (after stopping by my friends) we were listening to the radio. The Brandon Heath song came on that says, "Give me Your eyes for just one second, Give me your eyes so I can see...Give me your love for humanity..." Sara said, "He's not being nice. He's not asking nicely." Luke tried to explain to her that it was ok and she just argued with him. "Luke, he should say, 'God, can I have your eyes, please?" I had to hold my laughter in!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Sounds like she is picking up on the lessons being taught...even if it is a little confussing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time I will proof read before I hit post. That was supposed to be confusing.

    ReplyDelete