Sunday, October 25, 2009

Illness has struck. Boo.

Well, we put up a valiant fight, but the Faddises were beat. Sara and Lance have the flu. Arghhh. Which means it will probably be a month before we're out much by the time it goes through the entire family. And Luke threw up yesterday at noon so our plans were changed even before we knew about the flu.

We had a busy weekend before we discovered Sara had a fever. Luke had a Boy Scout campout that he went to on Sat and an Upward football game. We missed a family reunion because of Luke throwing up and that disappointed us. Lance had family in from Colorado that we only get to see once a year. Thankfully we saw them for dinner Tues or we would have missed them all together. But since we didn't go (we didn't want to get Lance's sister sick because of her recent surgery) we went to my brother's in-laws for a bonfire for his birthday. Happy 34th Jeremy! We had a great time.

So now we've been in the house all day having a movie marathon. I downloaded a ton of movies from netflix so we watched several of them. One of them was Annie. I loved that movie when I was a kid and I got a little emotional watching it with my kids. (corny, I know!) But I was shocked that it had 2 curse words in it. One of them bad. The kids didn't know what was being said (and obviously I didn't when I was a kid or I would have remembered!) Why do they put that in a children's movie??? Seriously?!

Oh, and before I forget, I have to write something Hope said yesterday. It was the cutest! The girls and I were headed to a birthday party that Sara was invited to. We always listen to our local Christian radio station. (My kids love music and sing all the songs they hear and I just want them singing songs that worship the Lord.) At that moment in time, the station manager was talking about fundraising. Sara asked me if KLRC was a Disney station. I told her no and then Hope pipes up from the back, "No, Sara, that's God talking." hahaha!!! I loved it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry ya'll are SICK - ugh!
    I loved annie too and saw it a ton of times and never knew they cussed. That's ridiculous. I think I'll get emotional watching all my old childhood favorites with Harper.
    Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete