Monday, March 8, 2010

Momma Was Down!

When Lance and I went to bed a week ago Saturday, I told him I was starting to get sick. Now, 9 days later, I'm starting to feel better. Finally. I lost my voice for 2 full days. Can I tell you how hard that is with 4 kids?!?! But I stumbled on a great new thing! I gathered all the kids in the living room and whispered to them that when they heard me clap, they were to come immediately to me. Oh. My. Word. It works like a charm! Once I got my voice back, I told them the clapping was staying. It keeps me from yelling and then getting mad when they don't come.

Speaking of getting my voice back. On the afternoon that it started coming back, Hope looked at me with a surprised look and said, "Momma! You found your voice!" Cracks me up how literal they are. :)

This past week was the worst week for me to be sick. It was one of the busiest I've had in a long time. I was gone everyday, all day with activities. And I didn't have the weekend to recoup. It was just as busy! It started Friday night with Luke's Cub Scout Blue and Gold banquet.. He got his Wolf badge and several belt loops. He had fun and all the grandparents were able to come.

Me with my Eagle Scout and Wolf Scout!

I'm so glad that Lance is doing Scouts with Luke. I was worried with his schedule that it wouldn't be possible for him to be involved. But Scouting is something that he is so passionate about. It has been a great thing for them to do together.

No comments:

Post a Comment