Thursday, April 29, 2010

Shake, Rattle, and Roll!!

Oh my word! I missed my first earthquake! Dangit! We had a 2.5 earthquake in our little Arkansas town!!! Crazy!!!! I was close to our church 20 min away and I didn't feel it. Bummer! Lance called me to ask me if I felt the earth shake. I thought he was crazy! I couldn't imagine what he was talking about. He told me that they heard a loud boom and the clinic shook. They thought that someone had hit the building.

Then I talked to my Mom and she told me she heard what she thought was a sonic boom and felt the shake. She went outside to see what happened. A few minutes later, Lance called me back and said that it had been an earthquake!

Then there was confirmation from the USGS that there had indeed been a 2.5 mag earthquake 4 miles from my house. What a (non)experience! I'm so jealous that my Mom and Lance got to feel it!

No comments:

Post a Comment