Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy, Happy, Happy

Today was a first for me. I witnessed one of my kids on "Happy Gas." Hahahahaha!!!! Luke had a molar that has been coming in on top of a baby molar that will not come out. It wasn't the least bit loose. I've been keeping and eye on it for a couple of months, but it just wasn't budging.

I called the dentist and got Luke in. He was scared to death about it. And in all honesty, I was a little nervous myself.  I didn't know for sure if they would use nitrous, so I didn't say anything about it to Luke. When the dentist told him that he was going to use happy gas, that scared Luke as much as getting the tooth pulled. He was grilling the dental assistant about the entire process. They finally got him on the table and put the mask on.

Oh my gosh, it was the funniest thing!!! Luke was HYSTERICAL!!! He's a funny kid anyway, and when he's high, he's a hoot!!!  The dentist and his assistant were laughing at him, too. I tried to video him, but my phone camera was out of storage. Dang!  He was watching Tom & Jerry and it was the funniest thing he's ever seen! He kept laughing and saying, "I've seen this show a hundred time and didn't realize how funny it was!" :) He never felt a thing. So it worked! 

 We went to get lunch after while he was still under the influence. Ha! The waitress got to laughing at him, too. I love my boy. And it's such a sweet confirmation to see his personality when he's most vulnerable. He's an amazing kid, growing into what will be an amazing man.

Happy, Happy, Happy!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment