Saturday, January 19, 2013

Hi yah!

Today was Luke's first ATA Tae Kwon Do tournament! My boy did great! He's been in ATA for over a year now, but I've been really nervous about letting him do a tournament. They are always out of town at least a couple hours away and I just didn't know if he would get there and perform to the level of the competition.


Our instructor manages 2 ATA's. One here in Bentonville and the other in Fayetteville. He decided it would be a good idea to have a tournament for just our 2 schools. It was great! About 300 kids and adults participated, and it gave all of us who haven't done tournaments a feel for what they are like. And I have to say, Luke did GREAT! It is definitely something we are going to think about doing at least once a year.


Luke's favorite thing was getting to do the tournament with his cousin. Clayton goes to the Fayetteville school. They had a blast hanging out and competing. :)

Watch out for these two!

Doing his weapons form

Combat sparring

Receiving his medals

Proud boy!

Look at those smiles!
 And I had to put this in! Our best friends called us and wanted to go eat catfish tonight. Lance and I haven't had catfish in years. And I guess I've been watching too much Duck Dynasty, because I had the urge to try frog legs! Oh my!

So here it is, my one and probably only time to eat a frog leg! It wasn't that bad, but I prefer chicken! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment