Saturday, May 2, 2009

All About Hope

OK, so Hope has said some funny things the past couple of days and I wanted to write them down so I will remember them. Then I got to thinking, why not write an entire post about her. And each day write about a different child. So this one is all about Hope.

She will be 3 in one month. I can't believe it. She was the baby for so long and was supposed to be the baby forever. It's taken me several months to realize that she's not a baby anymore. Lance and I were just talking at lunch about the fact that she is transitioning from toddler to preschooler. It's kinda sad, but fun at the same time. We were worried for so long that she would never talk. Luke and Sara were talking in complete sentences before they turned 2 and Hope didn't start really talking until Emma got here. And that's only been 8 months. But in those 8 months, she has caught up to where Luke and Sara were at her age. She talks all the time. And amazes us with the things she says and observes.

Yesterday she and I were dancing in the living room to TobyMac. (the kids LOVE TobyMac) While we were dancing, she said, "Momma, you be my prince." It was so cute. She has such a sweet spirit. She is definitely the one that keeps me on my toes. She is constantly into EVERYTHING! My parents are amazed at all she can get into. They say that she is like raising two! But, she is the sweetest thing. She is always walking up to us and saying, "Momma/Daddy, I love you."

Today she was sitting in Lance's lap after lunch. He was loving holding her and they were just talking. Then she looked up at him and said something to him. He couldn't understand her so he called me over. I asked her what she was saying. It took a minute but I finally understood. "Daddy, you want me to get my princess dress and you can be Prince Charming?" It melted Lance's heart. The other day she said, "Momma, Daddy always calls up Princess." Lance started that with Sara and has carried it over to all the girls. I love it. It is such a special bond between them all.

My Dad is here this weekend. (I'll blog about that some other time. They are out of their house in LR) He watched the girls for me this morning while I took Luke to church for choir rehearsal for their spring musical tomorrow. While I was gone, he called me and told me this...he had thrown out the trash in the kids' bathroom. A few minutes later, he saw Hope chewing some gum. He asked her where she got the gum. She said, "the bathroom." (audible gasp here) He said, "show me where in the bathroom." She proceeded to take him to the bathroom and point at the the trashcan. (choke, choke, gag, verp!) That's Hope!

She is my thirdborn, second girl, tomboy who loves princess dresses, mischievous, HYSTERICAL, sweet, expressive, tenacious, loving, into everything, wonderful Hope Aslan!

My Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment