Monday, May 11, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again!

OK, so I've taken quite a hiatus from blogging the past week and didn't mean to at all.

First, let me say that on Tuesday my good friend Kelly came over for a playdate and I got to meet the famous little Miss Harper! If anyone besides my family and friends are reading this blog, then more likely than not, you've linked here off of Kelly's blog. We were hallmates in college and had so much fun! When we moved here 5 years ago, Kelly was one of the first people that I connected with. We haven't been able to see each other as often as I would have liked, but hopefully now that she is staying at home with Harper, we'll be able to get together more. Sara and Hope were enthralled with Harper. And Hope just made herself at home on Kelly's lap. And Harper was an angel!

Sara took a pic (not bad for a 4 year old!)

Now, to my hiatus. It all started last week with my neck. It just got worse. On Wednesday, I woke up in horrible pain. I hadn't sleep much at all and called Lance in tears after I got Luke off to school. Jeremy came over and watched the girls for me so I could drive up to Lance's office and get checked out. His nurse practitioner is a good friend of ours, so she looked me over, had an x-ray done to make sure there were no real issues and loaded me up on lots of drugs! Lance took off the rest of the day and drove me to physical therapy. I was in such pain I couldn't make it myself.

I am just now beginning to feel better. It's been a rough week. I've been on muscle relaxers, steroids, stomach meds, and migraine meds. And I don't like to take medicine. I still have a couple more weeks of physical therapy twice a week, but hopefully it will do the trick.
So, now I'm back to blogging our life. I've gotten so used to doing it every night to keep up with the kids and I'm so sad to think of what I've missed writing down this past week.

Mom, the girls and I went to the mall Saturday. We had just planned on going to Target, which is right beside the mall. So we went to the mall to eat. When we got there, Sara reminded us that the last time we were there, Mom and I said that they could ride the carousel the next time we came. So after lunch, we did that and then got ice cream. They had a blast!

They both got the horses they wanted!

Mother's Day was yesterday. Emma wasn't feeling good, so Lance stayed home with her from church. Mom and Dad were here and went with me and the kids to church. The kids were so cute. Luke gave me a big hug first thing that morning and told me Happy Mother's Day. Then Sara and Hope kept opening the shower yelling Happy Mother's Day (except Hope kept saying Happy Birthday!) :) Then Luke had Sara keep me in the bathroom while he surprised me by making my bed. It was so cute! He was so proud of himself.

Lance made lunch for us. It was yummy! Pepper steak. He does a great job at cooking. He is an excellent chef. The kids had made me several things at church and were excited to give them to me. It was fun to see them really get into Mother's Day this year. They kinda got what it was all about. I am a blessed woman!

1 comment:

  1. We really do need to see more of each other! Now that I'm home - hopefully it's possible!!!
    I'm sorry you were in so much pain - that is awful. It is especially hard to be a mom (of 4!) and be sick or hurt.
    But it sounds like mother's day was great!!!!