Saturday, May 23, 2009

Horses!

We spent today at our land. Lance and Luke went out earlier than the girls and me. We took out a picnic lunch and then spent some time riding. Luke's birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks. We got him a horse for his 5th birthday, but it got a brain fungus and we had to have him put down last year. It was a sad day. So we surprised him with a new horse today for his birthday. His reaction was funny. Lance had the camera ready to capture his expression and when I told him that the new horse was his horse, he frowned. Then he got a little upset. He said that he still wanted to ride Black (another horse we have). Then he said he wanted a boy horse. (his new one is a mare) Lance and I just laughed! When I explained to him that he could ride in the rodeo on this horse, he said, "by myself?" I told him yes and that's all it took for him to get excited! Ha!

Luke and his new horse

We also have new baby! My horse had her baby this week. He is adorable! The kids are loving him.


The newest addition

Momma and baby


Hope riding

Sara all grins

Right in the middle of riding, a thundershower hit. And hit hard! We threw the kids in the car and got soaked getting everything put up!

Lance and my sopping wet!





No comments:

Post a Comment