Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Benefits of Spending Time With the Lord

My main question in life is: Why, seriously, why, do I not start everyday of my life in prayer and Bible study? It has been a while since I started my day that way. I do talk to the Lord most days throughout the day. But, taking the time to actually start my day in prayer and read His Word, that doesn't happen very often these days. I've made a renewed commitment to do that every morning. I've done it the past 2 days. (I know, woo hoo. Pitiful isn't it?!) Anyway, the past two mornings, I've gotten up earlier than usual, and spent time just reading a small passage and placing my day before the Lord. It is amazing to me what a difference it makes in my day!

Yesterday was a much busier day than I had planned, I was worn out, but I didn't yell at the kids like I normally do when I am tired. Today, I was gone all morning when I had wanted to spend the whole day at home. Sara had another doctor's appointment and when we went to Wal-Mart after, she wanted to lay down in the cart. Very unusual for her. We ate lunch with Lance and then went home for nap time. After that, she was laying on me and I felt something was wrong. Took her temp and: 100.1.

Luke woke us up at 5:45 this morning saying that his throat hurt. I gave him some Tylenol and he went on to school later. When he got home, he was still saying his throat was hurting and later he wanted some medicine and for me to take his temp. What do you know? 100.3 Woo Hoo!

But the great thing is. We've been sick for over 2 months and you would think that this would have put me over the edge, but actually, it's been a good day. I haven't gotten upset with the kids. The house is a MESS, but I don't care. It's all about perspective. It amazes me what God will do for us and our emotions, attitude, responses, views when we turn our days over to Him and ask Him for His direction and guidance.

Will I ever learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment