Monday, June 15, 2009

What a Great Weekend

We had the BEST time at the Buffalo this weekend. The cabin we stayed at was so kid friendly. It was the most relaxed we've ever been over there with the kids. Most cabins are beautiful, but there are so many stressors with trying to keep the kids out of things or off the stairs or out of the loft. This one was great! And it had a yard that we could let the kids go out and play in! They had a blast.

The kids made homemade biscuit donuts with GiGi for breakfast Saturday and had so much fun. I think they ate 3 donuts a piece! We hiked some on Saturday morning, then went back to the cabin for some lunch and got swimsuits on to go swimming in the river. We swam for 2 hours and I didn't want to quit! We had sooooo much fun. I was so proud of the kids. Luke swam across the river with Lance to a rock more times then I could count! Then Lance and Luke and Sara and me would float about 100 yards down the river on noodles and get out, hike back to our "beach" and do it again! Sara got up enough courage to swim across the river with me. And I was sooo proud of Hope. She would not get very deep in the river at all, but right before we were leaving, she decided that she did want to swim across the river with me! She did so good. She just kicked soooo hard on the way over and the way back. Swimming lessons are paying off!



Looking at the elk

Emma hiking!


Stopping on our hike

It rained Sunday, so we didn't do anything. Just hung out around the cabin and then headed back home. We stopped in Fayetteville for lunch. Lance's parents took us to a restaurant we've never been to. We loved it. Hope did the cutest thing while we were there. We had the best waitress! Lance has a peanut allergy, so he asked her if they used peanut oil to fry with. She came back and said they didn't and Hope kept saying, "Man, Man. (mam, mam!) :) When she got the waitress' attention she said, "it not good for my Daddy to eat peanut butter." It was so sweet. That girl is the cutest thing!

It was so much fun to get away with the kids and have a stress free weekend. I can't wait for many more this summer!

On the way home, we stopped by Mom and Dad's house to see them. While we were at the cabin, Emma took her first steps with me holding her hands. She was so proud of herself. Then we stopped at Mom and Dad's she pulled up for the first time. I wish I had had my camera with me! But today I got it when she woke up from her nap! My baby's growing up!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great time. We have never done that as a family. Looks like we are missing out!

    ReplyDelete