Sunday, May 9, 2010

3 Mothers Days and a Birthday

Happy Mother's Day to my two moms!

Mom, you've always been there as a constant support in my life. My memories of you as a child are ones of crafts, reading, awesome birthday parties, and love. The teen years were a little rocky, but you always supported me in anything I wanted to do. You were at every basketball game, track meet, OM competition, and church youth activity. And now, for you to be here to be a part of my kids everyday lives is the best gift you could have ever given me. To see how much they love you brings joy to my soul. Thanks for still supporting me and being there to help me when I need it. I love you more than you'll ever know!

Neat, thank you for being such a great mom to the love of my life. The godly legacy that you passed on to him has allowed him to be such an amazing father to our kids. And thanks for being the best Gigi my kids could have! They love you so much. They light up when they see you with a loud "Giiii Giiiii!!!" :) And a special Happy Birthday!! We love you!

And Happy Mothers Day to me! It has been a great day. I got up this morning and Lance and the kids gave me my Mothers Day cards and gifts. Luke had picked out a card at WalMart for me. It was cute. He was so proud of getting one by himself. And Sara has been waiting since Thursday to give me my card. She made it at school. In it was a bracelet that she made for me. A cheap plastic bead bracelet, but when I put it on and didn't take it off when I got dressed I heard her say to Hope, "Hope! Momma's wearing her bracelet to Sunday School!" There was such pride and joy in her voice. It made my day! Hope gave me her card Thursday after school. She couldn't wait! haha! And Lance gave me a card with pictures of all the girls. It was a hint at my real gift. He's ordered the girls' one year portraits!!! We've had Luke's 1 year portrait and a portrait of Lance, Luke, and I on the walls since we moved into this house. We bought the frames for the girls' portraits years ago, but have never developed their portraits. I'm so excited to finally get them up on the wall!

After church, we went to lunch with Mom and Dad. It took a little while to get in, but when we did, it was worth it. We ate at local Chinese restaurant that we all love. It was a lot of fun. And the kids acted great.

Then it was home and I got a Mothers Day nap! When I got up, Lance was hard at work cleaning out our garage. It has been a huge mess!! I got to work with him while all the kids played out in the yard and rode their bikes. Then it was hot dogs for dinner and getting ready for bed.

Before bed, we all were in the living room together, and Luke read a couple chapters from one of his books to the girls. It was so sweet.


Almost eight years ago, I became a mom. I never knew how much that day would change my life. I never dreamed how I would fall in love with that little boy and his sisters later. It totally changed me. My husband and my kids are the most important things in my life. I'm am so humbled that God would allow me to be the mother to 4 beautiful and precious children. I am so unworthy. I screw it up daily. I pray that my love will cover a multitude of sins. I hope they know how much I love them and would give up my life for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment