Thursday, May 20, 2010

Momma/Son Day

I have felt badly that the girls and I get to do all kinds of fun stuff during the day, and Luke is at school and doesn't get to do any fun one on one things. So I decided on Tues that today would be his day! I cleared it with his teacher and we had a day! The girls were ate MDO and Mom picked them up and took them to my house to a babysitter who watched them until I got home.

We started the day at Chuck E Cheese's playing games. It was so much fun! We go a lot, but with the girls, it's hard for me to play games because I'm having to keep my eyes on them. It was so fun to be able to play games with Luke and really get into them with him. He love video games!

Me and my Boy!

Next up was lunch at Red Lobster. Lance had been given a gift card so the bonus was that lunch was free! Woo Hoo! I had already decided to take Luke there because he loves shrimp and when I told Lance, he told be about the gift card. Score!

Shrimp! Yummy!

Lunch was great, but the high light was him getting to pet a lobster! We had a great waitress. She took him up front to see them and when he came back he told me he got to pet one! I was bummed I didn't get a picture, so she let him do it again on the way out. So sweet. And Luke was so precious at lunch. We had gone by Lance's office before we started our day and Lance gave him a rubber bracelet that has some symbols on it that you can use to share Christ. He asked our waitress if she believed in God and when she said yes, he proceeded to share his bracelet with her. I couldn't have been prouder of him!

Nice lobster!

Then we ended our outing at the movies watching How to Train Your Dragon. It was GREAT! It wasn't really a cartoon. It's better described as a story that's animated. If that makes sense. It was soooo good. And Luke LOVED it! It was so much fun just getting into his world and doing things he loves to do.

That's a big coke!

Today was the best day. We really needed it. It's been a rough year in many ways. I'm ready for 2nd grade to be over. Just being able relax and enjoy Luke was amazing. And God showed me some things, too. Not to worry about Luke bothering people, just to let him be himself. He has the best personality. I'm worried so much that he will overwhelm people, and I stress him and myself out trying to stifle him. All day today, he was being himself and people loved him. He got to pet a lobster, he played soccer in Old Navy with and employee and he got to hang up clothes hangers and scan clothes while we were there, too! ha! He is an amazing child. Such a blessing and privilege to be him Mom. And I'm so undeserving of him!

1 comment:

  1. That is just so sweet, Jennifer. I'm glad you had that time with him!!!

    ReplyDelete