Monday, May 31, 2010

Weather! Wow!

Never in my life have I been in a place that I went from sweltering heat to the point of near heat exhaustion for some, to a monsoon type rain and flooding, then chills because of the cold in one day. I have now!

We had a rocky start to the day today. God is continuing to teach me flexibility and patience. (Will I ever learn???) We thought we had a plan and knew what the day had in store for us, but it quickly became apparent that our plans were not God's plans. I had to let go of it. And I'm so glad I did. We showed up at a Children's Home and had planned on meeting up with some people from GA we have talked with on the phone several times since Lance's first trip to Haiti. They weren't there. And we didn't know then what we were going to do. And Lance and I had plans on visiting an orphanage to make some contacts and we found out that we wouldn't be able to do that. I was getting frustrated.

Then, we let go and just went with the flow. And God showed up. (Actually, He was always there, we just got out of His way.) Isn't that how it always is? The team set up a clinic for the community at the Children's Home. Lance and I and Erin (our Thirst No More contact) took a driver and went to meet the folks from GA. We found out we were only 30 minutes from the orphanage that we had wanted to visit. So we took off and met a true man of God, Pierre Prinvil.

It was so hot that when we got back to the clinic and Lance started helping to see patients, he got overheated and was close to passing out.

When we loaded up and started heading back, we got caught again in the same traffic as we did this morning except this time the roads were flooded because of rain in the mountains. What should have been a 2 hour drive turned into a 3 hour drive. And the rain came down the mountain and we got soaked. Then when we headed up the mountain towards our house, it got colder and I was freezing! I had to come in and take a hot shower to warm up. Strange experience!

It has been a great day, and tomorrow holds some special things in store. Can't wait to see what God does next!

1 comment:

  1. I've been praying for you and Lance this week. I'm enjoying your updates on how God is using you both!

    ReplyDelete