Friday, May 7, 2010

Fun Field Trip

I went with Luke on a field trip to a local creek and hiking trail. We had a lot of fun! These are the reasons I'm sooooo glad that I'm a stay at home mom. I haven't missed any of Luke's field trips since he started school. And the only party I've missed was when we were in Thailand 2 years ago. And I am soooo thankful to my mother for watching all the girls so I could go. Love you Mom!

We did this same field trip when Luke was in kindergarten. It was a much better experience today! Last go around, it was 89 degrees and 160 5 and 6 year olds walking on a hiking trail by a creek without being able to stop. NOT fun! Today, though, one of the other moms and I were responsible for 5 boys and we had a blast! So glad to be making these memories!


Me and my boy!
This afternoon, we played outside until Lance got home from work. Our neighbors across the street have 3 boys that match up to 3 of ours. 2 of their boys are in 3rd and 1st grad and their baby is 6 months younger than Emma. We have so much fun playing in the front yards, visiting and letting the kids ride their bikes up and down the street. Hudson has a Little Tykes car and Emma loves it! They take turns riding it. Amanda (the mom) and I were talking today about having to find another one for Emma and tonight I took some stuff to my friend Sarah's house for her garage sale and she had one in her driveway! haha! Emma is going to be sooo happy!

Emma and Hudson (he cracks me up with the bike helmet!)
We got home tonight from going out to eat and were putting the kids in bed, and my close friend Mary Claire called. Somehow, she got a fishing lure caught in her finger. (It's too long of a story to write here, but suffice it to say, I laughed my hiney off!!) Anyway, she had to come over so Lance could numb up her finger and get it out. I haven't laughed that hard in a while!!


It was quite a mini surgery!

No comments:

Post a Comment