Friday, May 28, 2010

I'm in Haiti!!!

It has been such a whirlwind week. We had an activity every night, plus we were getting ready for the trip. I fell into bed every night and didn't have anytime to blog. The girls' end of the year preschool celebration was Thursday and Sara "graduated" (cap and gown and all!) I'll have to blog about that next week and load some pics.

Right now, I'm in Haiti!!!! Crazy how fast it all happened, once again. We were so incredibly busy preparing. And once again, I'm bursting with pride. My husband is amazing! We spent the day traveling and getting to know all the people on our trip. All but 2 go to our church, but we all didn't know each other that well. That is already changing and by the end of the week, we will have a bond that most people won't understand.

I am anxiously anticipating what the Lord is going to do this week. I feel it in my soul. I don't know what it is, but I know it is going to be big. As we were landing in Port Au Prince, I was praying and just opening myself up for whatever God has planned. As we drove through the city, my heart broke. There is no way to describe this place. Even the pictures can't convey.

We have our supplies organized and are ready for tomorrow. That is, as ready as we know how to be. Each day will be a new day. We are splitting up a little tomorrow. The other Dr. and a nurse and 2 other team members are doing a mini clinic and Lance, myself and a father/son team are going to start construction on a house. And by house, I mean shed. 12x12 plywood building with a tin roof. A mansion for most people living in Haiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment