Monday, January 25, 2010

Blessed

Have I said how blessed I am? There are too many ways that the Lord has blessed me to ever mention. Especially in one blog post. But here are 3 reasons why I am thinking about that tonight.

This morning when I was picking the girls up from MDO, Hope saw a bunch of Dum Dum suckers that I picked up from someone who called the house and wanted to give something for the trip. She told Lance she was on her way to Sam's and he told her that the kids (and adults) love the suckers. I told Hope that someone had given them for Daddy to give to the kids who didn't have parents and who were hurt. She then asked, "Why can't you and Daddy be their parents?"

This afternoon, I was changing Emma's diaper on the couch and Sara told me she needed to tell me a secret. She leaned over and whispered in my ear, "um, when are we going to get a kid from Haiti." And tonight she prayed for her Daddy to be safe in Haiti and for the kids that were hurt to be ok.

And Luke prayed tonight for the children of Haiti and that his Daddy would be able to help them.

See what I mean? I am blessed.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe Lance will bring home Faddis #7????? :-)

    If he wants to bring a baby home from Haiti for us - I won't say no! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He can bring me one, too! My house is waiting.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, we've not met, but I work with Becky Latch at ACH. I think Becky and your husband did residency together? Something like that ...

    Anyway, Becky forwarded your blog address to me when she learned that Lance was going to Haiti. Know that you and your family are in my prayers. I hope that you find the strength that you need during this time that he is away.

    May the peace of Christ fill your heart,
    Kelly Simon

    ReplyDelete