Thursday, January 28, 2010

Touchdown!

They are there. Uneventful flights. Wonderful! They actually left on an earlier flight this morning. We are experiencing an ice storm right now. It didn't hit until early evening, but the airport was trying to get as many people on earlier flights to open up space so more people could get out. That was good. They had about 45 more minutes in Dallas to grab something to eat.

I talked to Lance in Dallas, and in Miami and then twice when they got to Santo Domingo. We heard that AT&T wasn't charging for cell calls from Haiti. I called immediately and talked to a rep. It is true!!!!!! At first she said she hadn't heard that and then she said, "wait." My heart skipped. She read a memo while on the phone with me and said it was true! They are comping calls to and from Haiti for relief workers until Feb. 28th! I started crying. I told her thank you so much and she thanked me for Lance going. She said she has family in Haiti. So that made me cry even more.

This is a picture of most of the nearly 2,000 pounds of medical supplies that landed safely in the Dominican Republic. Amazing. I was praying that all of the supplies would get there without any problems. They did. Praise the Lord!

Lance said they are good. The hotel is nice. So they will get a good night's sleep before they are sleeping on the ground. If they can fall asleep. I'm sure the adrenaline is pumping right now!

The kids and I had a great night. I can so feel everyone's prayers. This is one of the few times in my life that I have actually felt prayers that are being lifted on my behalf. When I drove Lance to the airport this morning, I started tearing up. I looked at him and warned him that I was going to cry at the airport. But I didn't. By the grace of God, I didn't. I have had so many friends call to check on me today. And I have honestly been fine.

The kids played so well together tonight. No arguing. I let them pick what was for dinner. (hot dogs!) And they read books in their rooms for about 20 min before they went to sleep. I called Lance into Sara and Hope's room to pray for Lance. I plan on doing that every night that he is gone.

Here is a snippet of their prayers...

Sara: Please keep Daddy safe. Help him help the kids. Please help Momma not to yell at us. (hahaha!!! That made me laugh! What does that say about me? So convicting.)

Hope: Help the children who don't have parents.

Luke: Keep Daddy safe. Keep us safe in the ice storm. Put Your arms around us. Please let there not be enough ice that we can't go to the Terrazes' to spend the night. Please let there be enough ice that I don't have to go to school. (haha! Some dear friends of ours invited the kids to spend the night Sat. I know! Crazy! They are wonderful. The kids are so excited, but the way it looks right now, it's not going to happen. So much ice.)

It's late and I'm still up. Midnight. I always have trouble going to sleep when Lance isn't here. It's incredibly hard with him where he is. I know I have to. I'm on my own with 4 kids in an ice storm! Holy cow!

2 comments:

  1. We will be praying for everyone in your family! I'm so glad that the group got off early, and that they, and all of the supplies, landed safely! Yea! I know that he will be a blessing to so many people while he is there. He...and they...will be changed! He is representing Christ to people that are in so much pain right now. You and the kids will be blessed for sending him out with such love and prayers...for sharing your husband and daddy with hurting people. Keep the updates coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are journaling all of this. What an amazing journey. I know I should not be shocked at how all things have worked together for good, but I am. The Lord never ceases to amaze.

    ReplyDelete