Sunday, January 31, 2010

Oooops!

Well, I goofed. I forgot to blog last night! I got in bed at midnight and was laying there and realized I forgot to. Since I got to bed before 1, I decided against getting back up and blogging and I'll just do it twice today!

When I talked to Lance last night, he was exhausted. It had been a very emotional day. They saw over 300 families yesterday. I think the thing that got to them all the most were the children. There was one little 24 month old boy whose back was broken when his house fell on him. He'll never walk again. And 9 year old orphans came to the clinic by themselves, they had lost their parents. Heartbreaking.

I just think about the 300 people who received medical care that wouldn't have if Lance hadn't answered God's calling. And the hundreds that they will see today. Humbling. It makes me get outside myself. I'm struggling with the feelings of guilt as I sit on my couch, watching my big screen tv, typing on my laptop when people in the world are hurting so much. I know that God has put me in this place and His plan is different for all people, but how can I not feel some sort of sadness and guilt?

On a lighter note. My dear friend Sarah and her family came and got the big kids yesterday and took them sledding. They had a blast! I was so thankful to her. One, so the kids could have some fun and get out of the house. And two, the kids got out of the house for a while and I had a little quite. Emma didn't make too much noise!
Luke and Carter trying to break the speed record!

The girls and Catie Beth

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the story of your husband's trip to Haiti - God bless your family for sending him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have not met, but we live in Centerton and Lance doctors my 4 kids. I heard of his trip on the TV news, and was looking for more info on-line when your blog popped up. I couldn't be more proud that he would choose to go to Haiti...my heart aches for all the suffering they are enduring there. Your words are inspiring and full of wisdom, grace, faith and compassion. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot get enough of your stories. What perspective they bring to my life. I know God has me in this place for a reason....it's what I do with it that makes the difference.

    ReplyDelete