Friday, January 22, 2010

Praise Be to God!

Where do I start??? There are so many things that have happened in the past 48 hours that I don't know where to begin!

Lance and I were interviewed along with our friend John (who is the missions pastor at our church) yesterday for one of the local news stations. It was a great report. It got the word out on what is going on with the Haiti trip. They interviewed me to give the other side of the story of a wife whose husband is going to such a devastated area in time of crisis. They showed a picture of the kids and I wish I had had a camera on the kids faces when they saw it. Priceless!!

We have had money pouring in for the trip. It is amazing. Several people in Lance's hometown (which is just 45 min from us) saw the interview last night (which they ran at 5, 6 and again this morning!) and called his mom and wanted to bring money to her. She has had people bring $20, $100 and all kinds of amounts! His parents Sunday School class had just recently taken up money to donate to a ministry and had given the money to the person in charge of that ministry. They saw the interview and called his mom today and said they were giving all $850 dollars back to her to give to Lance for Haiti!

Lance's aunt works for a bank in their town and she sent an email to all the NWA bank employees telling about Lance's trip and she's collecting money. We'll hear how much Monday. Then she called the resource officer at Prairie Grove Schools (Lance's alma mater) and each grade (I think elementary) are taking up medical supply donations. Each grade is responsible for one item; gauze, med. tape, etc. People are bringing crutches and braces and all kinds of other things to his mom's flower shop! It's AMAZING!!!!

A friend of Lance's from the years he spent as a Kannakuk counselor got in touch with me asking how he can help. Friends of friends are bringing the kids and I dinner while he is gone. More friends are having the kids over for a sleepover. And yet more friends who own Cold Stone Creamery are setting us up for ice cream while he is gone! (You rock Dawn and Jimmy!) I had a friend call tonight on our way to a birthday party and say they were going to bring me $500 and people are still emailing, texting, and facebooking me asking how they can help. I stand in AWE at God's provisions!

I just laughed a little at myself, because I thought about Field of Dreams. "If you build it, he will come." If HE calls you, HE will provide!!! Hallelujah! What a Savior!

Today, Lance and John were interviewed by another local TV station. And then the local paper did a telephone interview with them and then called me to get my perspective on my husband going. Way to go publicity!

This trip is just the first of many. There is already a second one in the works for the week that Lance and his team get back. And plans for more in the next 2-3 months. What an AWESOME God we serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment