Sunday, January 24, 2010

Packing

The team to Haiti packed most of the rest of the cases tonight. We have a new addition as of today. An orthopaedic surgeon. Wonderful! Luke thought he was big stuff because he got to go in the room where they were packing for about 20 min. and he "helped." ha!

We found out just a few minutes ago that the UN has donated a 20 person field tent and cots for the team to use. That is HUGE! Lance's observations were...1) That means they aren't expecting people to just walk in and walk out. They are expecting the team to see injuries that will require more long term care. And 2) He might need to stay longer until one of his partners gets there on the 6th. wow. I can't even process my emotions.

I totally want him to stay. That was my first thought. Second thought: That's over a week of me with the kids by myself. Doable, but long. Third thought: I wonder if he'll meet a child, while he's there, that we will adopt.

So many emotions running through me right now. Pride. I've never been prouder of my husband. And my kids. Amazing! They are asking Lance to find them a brother. We have never even mentioned that as a possibility to them. And they are so concerned, as much as they can comprehend at their ages, for the people of Haiti.

And humility. How honored I am that God has chosen to use my husband to do such a great and mighty thing for His kingdom. Lance is so burdened for the Haitian people. And I have been able to have a small role in helping him prepare for this trip.

The kicker is, I know I haven't even scratched the surface of emotions this trip will expose. He hasn't even left yet.

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through Kelly's Korner. I just wanted to let you know I will be keeping your family in my prayers! This is a wonderul thing your husband is doing. I can't imagine all the emotions you must be dealing with. But God is with you!---Kara

    ReplyDelete