Saturday, February 14, 2009

Maybe Next Year!

OK, so today wasn't the best Valentine's Day I've ever had. How did it go wrong? Let me count the ways. First of all, Lance was gone all day. Seriously, all day. I got the kids up and had to be at basketball pictures for Luke at 8:30. His game wasn't until 10:00. Of all days for Lance to be on call, this was not the ideal one. Thanks goodness the church he plays at has a concession stand and they sell breakfast. We all sat down between pictures and game and had chocolate pancakes. Sounds sweet doesn't it? Well, try corralling 4 kids in a basketball game atmosphere when they are bored. Woo Hoo! Thankfully Lance was able to make it to the last half of the game. Relief for a while.

We went home and let the kids open their presents. That was the funnest part of the day. They loved their presents. (I guess that's kinda a no brainer, huh?) We got Luke and Sara digital cameras. They are cheap ones, but they have view finders and they loved them. Hope got Madagascar 2.

Lance was only able to stay home for a few minutes and then it was back to work. That's when the day got worse for me. I hate yelling at my kids, and I do it too much. Today was one of those days. I was disappointed that the day didn't go the way I had planned. I bought Valentines plates and cups for the kids to eat and drink with today. Had the house decorated and then blew it. Part of the problem is that I was exhausted because I was up late decorating the house and the kids didn't seem to care. I didn't get a nap because the 2 oldest were in our room and making all kinds of noise and I had to keep getting up from the couch to get on to them. I'm not happy to say that it was not my finest hour today. And I hate that.

I'm so thankful that God forgives me when I fail Him and my family. I needed His forgiveness today.

We did end on a fun note. I made a heart shaped brownie and let the kids eat it on the floor in the living room while we watched Madagascar 2. I LOVE watching my kids dancing around to "Move It, Move It!"

Like I said, maybe next year will be better!

Hope checking out her new movie

Sara can't believe she got a real camera!


Luke reading all about his new camera!

Valentine's Dinner with Valentine's cups and plates

(Oh and the flowers are from the love of my life!)






1 comment: