Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Prayer Works!

Last night was hell on earth. Hope took a long nap yesterday and had a hard time going to sleep last night. Nothing new about that. She has a hard time going to bed every night. Just tonight, Lance and I have gotten up 7 times to put her back in bed. Last night at 10:30 when she was up for the umpteenth time, we let her sit in Lance's lap for a little while. She kept tossing and turning in Lance's lap so he took her to our bedroom and layed in bed with her and turned on a movie. That's when the crying started. Then the screaming started. At 3:00 it ended. We dosed her with several medicines and this morning we saw that her eardrum had burst. She had not been complaining at all of her ear hurting, but she had an ear infection so bad that it burst her ear drum. We felt so badly for her. I've never had a child hurt so much. It was very hard for Lance and I.

So, I'm going on 3 hours of sleep today. I am emotionally, spiritually, and physically exhausted. And you would think that today of all days I would have yelled at the kids more today and felt horrible today. BUT I have had so many friends and family members praying for me today and I have felt it. My friend Sarah watched Hope and Emma for me today while I took Sara to a dermatology appointment. We have some hope for her eczema. She thinks that she has ringworm on her hands which is severely inflamed on her hands. We have thought that it was part of her eczema. Long and short, she thinks that if we treat it, her eczema will heal.

My wonderful husband sent me an email telling me he was praying for me today and others have and God has answered their prayers for me. I can't explain it all in here, but I'm writing it so I'll have a marker that I can look back to and remember how He answers prayer.

Today was a big day in our house. Luke rode the bus home from school. We only live 1 mile from school, so I really didn't think he would be able to. He has wanted to ride it since kindergarten, but I haven't wanted him to. I don't like the idea of him being on that big thing and we live so close to the school, I didn't see the point. But I thought about it yesterday and it will free me up from having to rush home after picking the girls up from MDO to get Hope home in time for a nap before having to leave to pick Luke up. He loved it and I have to admit, so did I. It so was so nice today to not have to stress about picking him up and he only gets home 10 min later than he does when I pick him up. He's the second stop. The first one being the street behind us. And he's 100 ft from our front door when they drop him off. He was so proud of himself today!

Getting off the bus (I'm standing at my front door)

My big boy so proud of himself!

1 comment:

  1. oh good, I forgot to ask how it went...it seems it's more us then them w/ the bus:D

    ReplyDelete